The purpose of the security deposit is to either reimburse the owner of the RV for minor damages sustained during a rental that do not qualify as an insurance claim, or to pay them for the deductible if filing a claim is necessary. For this reason, we encourage owners to set their security deposits for their rentals to at $1,500 to match the RVshare rental insurance deductible. While this is entirely optional, it makes both the checkout process and claims process much smoother. Once the claim has been settled, we will withhold the necessary funds from the security deposit, and process the additional amount if necessary, and then release the deductible amount to the owner.
Articles in this section
- How do I add an additional driver to a reservation with RVshare rental insurance active?
- What do I do if my insurance payment fails?
- Why is my insurance application under review?
- Why is RVshare Rental Insurance necessary for delivery rentals?
- How do I know if RVshare rental insurance is paid for and active on my reservation?
- How do I file an insurance claim?
- How are owners paid the insurance deductible?
- How much does RVshare rental insurance cost?
- What does insurance cover?