If you feel that you have been wrongly charged by the owner, or the rental did not meet your expectations, you may request to open a dispute case. The following is a description of the dispute process.
- First, you will fill out a Rental Dispute Form to provide us with a description of your dispute, as well as a proposed resolution and any evidence you have to back you up.
- Next, the information and proposed resolution that you provide will be sent to the owner.
- If the owner accepts your proposed resolution, the claim will be settled accordingly.
- If the owner rejects your proposed resolution, they will then fill out the same Rental Dispute Form, and you will be sent the rebuttal and their proposed resolution, which you will then either accept or reject.
This process may go back and forth two times, at which point RVshare will step in and use commercial standards and act as a neutral third party to settle the dispute. RVshare will have the final authority on all dispute resolutions, per the Terms of Service you have already agreed to.
GUIDELINES FOR SUCCESSFUL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Be respectful. You are far more likely to receive your desired outcome by maintaining respectful language and tone throughout the course of the dispute. Communicating with anything less than respect will only make the other party combative and prevent amicable settlement.
- Avoid personal attacks, insults, and swearing at all costs. Such behavior will not only decrease your chance of reaching amicable settlement and hurt your chances of receiving favorable judgement from RVshare, but it may also cause you to lose the dispute automatically.
- Be understanding. Remember, usually both parties think that they are right and have strong reasons to believe so. Compromise is the fastest way to settle a dispute and the best way to ensure that you do not wind up empty handed.
If you would like to open a dispute case, please let us know and we can get the dispute process started for you.